What is waxing?
Wax is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week to some of their hair being on a different growth cycle.
How long does wax last ?
It has many benefits when compared to other forms of hair removal. Is wax good?. It effectively removes large amounts of hair at a single time and is longer-lasting than others methods of hair removal.
In wax, hair will take around two to eight weeks to grow back, in some individuals, there is re-growth in a week.
Wax has its drawbacks also. One of the major drawbacks is pain during the waxing procedure.
However, the pain is not long-lasting, but it can be quite sharp when the strip is removed, especially in sensitive regions. Another drawback is the cost, as wax is generally done by a licensed anesthetic, the cost can be high.
The following things should be kept in mind when wax:
- There should be a significant hair growth, 3 weeks of hair growth before waxing.
- Using a loofah helps in exfoliating the skin surface.
- When the wax is applied, it should surround/cover the root of the hair shaft.
- Applying lotion or deodorant before waxing should be avoided.
- People who are taking antibiotics, as these products may cause rapid exfoliation of the skin resulting in scabbing.
- There should be a gap of 24-48 hours after waxing is done before sun bathing or using tanning beds, as the skin is very sensitive immediately after waxing.
- Last, but not the least, after starting waxing, shaving should be discontinued.
Click HERE to check what Bnails salon have to offer